Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sitting at Annie's heavenly spot, I can see my garden and what do I see!!! 8 ZUCCHINI! It's time to get my recipes out. One recipe I love to make is zucchini pineapple. There are plenty recipes out in the world of great cooks but this one I just love......
ZUCCHINI PINEAPPLE

4 quarts zucchini, grated or diced
1 1/2 cups bottled lemon juice (standardized acidity)
1 can ( 46 oz. ) unsweetened pineapple juice
3 cups sugar

Remove peel from zucchini and seeds. Coarsely grate or cube zucchini into small cubes.

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. 

Fill clean hot jars with hot zucchini mixture leaving 1/2 inch head space. Adjust lids an
process 15 minutes for half pints or pint jars.
Remove jars and allow to cool completely. Test seal and store in a cool dry place.    

No comments:

Post a Comment